Works with the necessary information and documentation to fabricate sheet metal parts. Provides Fab Shop necessary drawings, layout developments, material nesting’s, and CNC code to produce Shop work orders. Includes flat pattern layouts and developments of formed parts, nests sheets based on material requirements for fabrication, and the machine code to laser cut and punch parts.
- 2 or more years’ experience with computer numerical controlled lasers, turret punching, etc.
- Ability to read mechanical blueprints
- Drawing capabilities in 2D CAD AP100VS / Fabriwin, 3D modeling capabilities or Solidworks.
- Nesting capabilities in Cam software: DiamondSoft
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience in sheet metal layout, including the ability to create patters for Cones, square to rounds, and transition.
- Understanding of ISO9001
- High School diploma or GED
- Cad or drafting certificate